When you buy a car, you opt for the bigger and best models in town. Depending on the budget and your necessities, you might end up purchasing either a family car or a luxurious SUV. No matter how expensive your car is, you will need to maintain it properly and from time to time. If you end up ignoring your car’s maintenance, it won’t be long when you won’t be able to use your car no more. Just like any other parts, you need to heed special attention towards brake parts. The brakes form major parts of your safety. If you don’t want to end up in accidents, get to the best results now.
Time to maintain brakes:
This might be your first time when you sincerely thought about checking your car’s brake parts. Most of the time, you end up calling car mechanic to take care of your car and then work on the brakes, as well. But, there are times when you might not get anyone to help you out and you have to work on it, on your own. During such instances, these maintenance tips will prove to be of great help.
- Remember to take some time out from your busy schedule and check on the brake fluid. You have to ensure that the said fluid is in good condition and it stands at appropriate level.
- Disc brakes are the major parts of your entire brake sector and comprise of five major parts. You will need to be sure that each one of those parts is working fine and in its promising condition. Those five brake parts in this package are calipers, brake pads, brake discs or rotors, brake lines and brake master cylinder.
- There are some signals, which you need to be aware of and change the parts accordingly. Whenever the warning lights come on or any noise takes place while pushing down on brakes, it means something is wrong with this mechanism and should be checked. Moreover, vibrations, overheating and presence of circular lines or cracks on braking band are some of the other signals to consider.
- There are times when you have no other option but to change the brake fluid for better functionality, and to maintain the overall condition of brake parts. In case, the fluid turns into a milky white color, it has the condensation or water has been infiltrated and the time has come to change it. If you fail to do so, this step might destroy the master cylinder. It can further deteriorate the wheel cylinders.
- Heat is often times termed to be the biggest enemies of brake related parts. When brake pads press against disc, it generated a huge amount of heat. For removing this heat, the disc is mostly ventilated within the internal vanes. It helps in pulling cold air from center of disc to outer edges. If that fails to work, you should ask a mechanic to work and treat it on time.
- Sometimes, you are asked to bleed the brake lines for getting air out from the major discs and other brake parts on time. This entire process might take help from two people. One of them is given the responsibility to pump brakes and another one will watch the bleeder valve. The second person must close the valve when the brake fluid starts flowing.
Be sure to check these points and put the same in a list to maintain brake parts right from the first till last. Once you are sure of the warning signals and have numbers of car mechanics ready, you can maintain the condition of car for long lasting working ability.