Graduate Aptitude test in engineering, commonly abbreviated as GATE is amongst the most difficult exam in the country. Conducted on all India bases every year by 8 IITs in collaboration with IISC Bangalore, the exam test the aptitude of students across different branches of engineering. Getting through the exam gives them the guaranteed ticket to a secure future by ensuring a fat pay scale job in distinctive public sector units. Also you can realize your dreams of securing admission in postgraduate programme in elite institutions of the country. Owing to the high difficulty level of the exam, it is pertinent to prepare well to secure good ranks and satisfying scores. It is always said that a healthy mind stays in a healthy body. So, we have churned put a list of important health tips that will aid you with healthy mindset and lifestyle to secure good ranks at the exam:
- Drink lots of water. Drink 2 to 3 liters of water a day to maintain ionic equilibrium of the body. Also, it enhances activity of the mind and the intellectual power.
- It’s a proved old adage; eat breakfast like king, lunch like prince and dinner like pauper. Morning is the busiest part of the day and requires maximum energy to do body functions. On the contrary, our body is resting at night, so food consumed won’t be utilized and deposit as fat in parts of the body, gaining weight and promoting lethargy in the body.
- It is highly recommended to follow the 3 E’s viz, energy, enthusiasm and empathy.
- One should take out time for prayer and reflection each day.
- Last but not the least, stay focused. A detailed and focused approach is mandatory to a result oriented outcome.
- Go for a morning walk every day. Taking a stroll or going for a brisk walk wakens the entire system. Breathe in and breathe out slowly to maximize intake of oxygen into lungs. A point to be noted here is smile while walking.
- Never compare your life to that of others. You never really know what their journeys are all about and what all they have been going through. Always consider yourself lucky for God’s blessings and your life because the grass is always greener on the other side.
- One should not waste time and energy over matters that are beyond control. It would be better to focus on present happenings and making them better and enjoyable experiences.
- Don’t try to overdo others, rather try to improve yourself to gain excellence in every sphere of life.
- Don’t waste your energy on bullshit or gossip.
No doubt, a good score is mandatory to securing satisfying ranks. The table given below depicts the score and ranks corresponding to given marks and gives you a GATE 2013 analysis:
|Gate Score 2013||GATE 2013 Rank|
|Gate Marks 88.67)||1|
|858 (Marks 79)||17|
|Gate Marks (77.67)||23|