Whenever we decide to visit a place we want to make sure that we go there in the best time so that we can make the best of your trip! So, if you are gearing up for a visit to Varanasi and want to make sure that you have the best time there, there are a few things that you ought to keep in mind, which will help you to have the perfect time in Varanasi.
Varanasi is a city that is explored on foot and it is nothing without its food. So if you want to make the best of your trip here, here are some practical tips that will surely help you:
- There are plenty of Varanasi india hotels. The main attraction of this city is the mighty Ganga flowing by its side. So, when you book a hotel in Varanasi, make sure that you go for one that is located near the ghats and go for rooms that directly face the river. The charges might be a little high for river facing rooms, but it will be totally worth it!
- Another thing that you cannot miss out when in Varanasi is a visit to the DashashwamedhaGhat in order to see the Sandhya aarti to Ganga or the evening prayers to the river. This is a beautiful sight indeed and it is often referred to as the star attraction of Varanasi. In fact, you can also witness this beautiful event right from the river. Just go for a boat ride and come back to the ghat in time for the arti to witness this wonder sitting on the boats!
- In order to explore the best that there is in Varanasi, you have visit the city in the right season. October is a great time to visit the city since the weather remains really pleasant during this time of the year. In fact, there are a lot of festivals like Durga puja and Dilwali that are celebrated with great pomp during this time. However, since this is a peak tourist season, there will always be a mad rush for booking. So book your rooms beforehand in one of the best hotels in Varanasi India of your choice for your stay.
- If you want to explore the heart of Varanasi, then you ought to roam around in the narrow alleys and lanes of the city. Some of the lanes are so narrow that there is just enough room for a single person to walk by at a time. Do not be surprised if you see a majestic cow at the corner and always be prepared to make room for the animal to pass by first. You will get to see the colourfully painted walls and doors of the houses of the city that are a treat to capture on the lens.
- And finally, in order to make sure that you do not fall sick during your trip, drink only packaged water and try and avoid over eating, though that is almost next to being impossible when in Varanasi.
Now that you know how to make the best of this place, pack your bags, book your rooms and head out for Varanasi today!