Do you have a particular liking for hills? Are you planning to visit a hill station in the recent times? Well then, a very nice destination that you can try out during this vacation is Ranikhet.
Ranikhet is a cantonment town in Uttaranchal. What was once the cantonment town of the British was converted into one for the Indian Government after attaining Independence. If you are contemplating about visiting this place, then first check out the many hotels in ranikhet with tariff and then make arrangements for your accommodation in the one that you like the most. With your booking in order, you can head out to visit all these lovely places in this hill station:
- Upat Golf Course: Maintained by the Indian Army, this beautiful golf course is the pride of Ranikhet. It is said to be the highest golf course in Asia. Apart from this significance this nine holes’ golf course has a beautiful view to offer. On a clear day, you will be able to see the entire range of the surrounding mountains and their snow-covered If you want, you can also enjoy a nice game of golf here since membership is offered to non-residents too!
- Chaubatia Gardens: This is one of the most popular tourist sites of this hill station. This orchard has rows and rows of peach, apricot and apple trees. Apart from these, you will also get to see a beautiful view of the mountains from here which are indeed a treat to watch. This is a lovely place to enjoy a nice sunset.
- Manila: If you are interested in a road trip along the countryside and want to visit one of the most quaint and lovely hamlets that this region has to offer then book a cab with the help of best resort in Ranikhet where you will be staying and travel about 87kms towards Almora, where you will come across Manila. This hamlet is best known for the temple of Manila Devi. It is believed that this devi grants the wishes of all those who come and pray here. The Manila Devi temple is considered to be an extremely sacred one.
- Bhalu Dam: Want to visit the most beautiful lake of Ranikhet? Then trek about a kilometre or so downhill from Chaubatia Gardens and you will reach the Bhalu Dam. It is an artificial lake and is surrounded by dark green trees on all sides. This is a lovely place to go to when you want to enjoy a quiet time, lost in the solitude of nature.
- Majkhali: There is another tiny hamlet about 12kms away from Ranikhet- Majkhali. This is a place that is famous for its beauty. If you want, you can plan for a picnic and spend the day at this hamlet. There is also a very famous temple here that is worth a visit. The goddess of this temple is also considered to be a very auspicious one.
So, if you are planning to visit the hills then do make sure that you visit Ranikhet this time!