Biotin comes from the B vitamins family and also known as vitamin H. Just like other B vitamins, it is also a water soluble vitamin that is hard to store in the body for long periods of time. Everybody needs vitamin H since childhood but women need it more. To convert some kind of nutrients into energy, beautify nails, skin, and hair, use the biotin for women. You can feel the deficiency of Biotin, if suddenly you experience red rash or hair loss. The article exposes the health benefits of biotin and the sources of the vitamin but lets know the daily recommended dose of the Biotin.
Recommended Dose Of Biotin:
A biotin tablet for women requires to have biotin content, based on her age, requirements, and overall health. Here are recommended doses for women.
- Birth to 6 months: 5 mcg
- 7 months to 1 year: 6 mcg
- 2 years to 3 years: 3 mcg
- 4 years to 8 years: 12 mcg.
- 9 years to 13 years: 20 mcg
- 14 years to 18 years: 25 mcg.
- 19 + years: 30 mcg
- Pregnant women: 30 mcg.
- Lactating women: 35 mcg
A pregnant woman needs higher levels of biotin, so consult the doctor before starting to take the supplement. During pregnancy, biotin deficiency can cause several health issues including reduced appetite, insomnia, increased seborrheic dermatitis risks, peripheral neuropathy, depression, fatigue, and many more. But higher levels of biotin may have some side effects like kidney issues so it is better to take them from the natural sources first.
Natural Sources Of Biotin:
Taking bointin from the natural sources is quite safe. So, make sure to include some of these foods in your diet including:
- Fish like salmon, mercel, tuna
- Eggs whole
- Meat like beef liver, pork
- Seeds like sunflower
- Sweet potato
- Fruits banana, apple,
- Whole wheat bread
- Spinach, broccoli,
- Milk, cheese, yogurt
Benefits Of Biotin:
Biotin is quite helpful in treating some medical conditions including glucose control, hypoglycemia, hyperlipidemia, and others. Along with that it is quite helpful in several bodily functions.
- Hair and skin care: To improve the health of hair, skin, and nails, you need a basic protein which is known as Keratin. Biotin is very helpful in improving the keratin infrastructure in your body. In some research, it is found that women who used protein supplements with biotin twice per day for three months have positively affected hair growth. Other participants also showed the hair growth on the bald areas of the scalp. So, most of the participants found the improvement in their hair health after 90 and 180 days.
- Overall Wellness: Biotin helps in converting glucose into the fuel for various daily activities. Also supports amino acids for carrying out the wide range of bodily functions. A proper biotin level in the body supports the metabolism in the body and leads to healthy weight. It is very useful in reducing inflammation, increasing HDL which is known as good cholesterol, decreasing LDL which is referred to as bad cholesterol, lower blood sugar level, improved cognitive functions, and many more.
Women and men need biotin for maintaining various bodily functions but it is more helpful in women as they have to go through the various phases of life from menstruation, pregnancy, breastfeeding to menopause. Consult the doctor if you are planning to include biotin supplement in your diet.