With winters approaching, a lot of us are experiencing dull and dry skin. During the winters, our skin tends to retain less moisture. The two main reasons for this are; cold weather and low humidity. Now what we tend to do is load our skin with moisturizers and topical creams to somehow get that moisture back.
When our skin loses its water content, it tends to form a layer of dry skin cells over it. So whenever you apply creams and moisturizers to your skin, they don’t get absorbed properly. It can also lead to breaking out in a lot of cases.
Along with moisturizing, it is also important that you exfoliate your skin at least twice a week.
Below are listed some amazing face packs, that will help to restore the moisture in the skin as well as gently exfoliate them. Let us look at each one by one;
- Honey and Milk Face Pack
Buy Raw honey online as it is an excellent exfoliant. It is also a natural bleaching agent that will help restore the glow of the skin. Honey is also a humectant that helps retain the moisture in the skin. It also has a lot of anti-bacterial properties that help with breakouts. Buying raw honey online is pretty simple as many websites are selling it.
Milk on the other hand contains lactic acid which acts as a mild Exfoliator. This pack also contains aloe Vera gel that helps retain the glow of the skin and a few drops of essential oil for any targeted benefits like acne, pigmentation, blackheads, etc.
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon aloe vera gel
- 2 to 3 drops of essential oils
- Mix all the ingredients afresh
- Cleanse your face with cold water and a mild cleanser
- Apply generously on your face and neck. Avoid contact with eyes
- Wash off after 10 to 15 minutes with cold water
- Can be used 2 to 3 times a week
- Chickpea flour and Yoghurt pack
Chickpea flour is said to be anti-inflammatory. It has many brightening and nourishing effects. It is one of the best treatments for acne and acts as an exfoliating agent. But chickpea can be a little drying on the skin and hence it needs to be paired with a moisturizing agent.
Yogurt is that moisturizing agent. At the same time, Yoghurt has lactic acid which again acts as an exfoliator. Yogurt because of its thick creamy texture gives a smooth texture to the skin.
If you add some turmeric to this pack, the effects will be increased. Turmeric is an anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory agent. When mixed with this pack, it will enhance the effectiveness of this pack.
- ½ to 1 tablespoon of chickpea
- 1 tablespoon of full cream Yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 2 to 3 drops of vitamin E oil
Directions to use
- Mix all the ingredients. Add some water if necessary to achieve a paste-like consistency
- Cleanse your face with a mild cleanser
- Apply generously all over face and neck and let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes
- Once dry scrub it off with wet hands to remove the dead skin cells on the skin
- Can be used 2 to 3 times a week but not more
- Honey and Lemon pack
Honey is a natural exfoliating agent. It can also be used as a bleaching agent as a way to brighten the skin at the same time honey is a humectant that stores the moisture within the skin. Freshly squeezed lemon is rich in vitamin C. Vitamin C is a great exfoliating agent.
It has a great number of antioxidants and can help reduce the effects of aging on the skin. The low pH levels of lemon can help reduce the appearance of pimples and remove dead skin cells. It also has anti-fungal properties that help reduce fungal acne.
The thing about lemon is that it is very astringent. It can be a bit too astringent on certain skin types. Lemon should be avoided for people with sensitive skin as it can cause breakouts.
- 1 tablespoon of Honey
- 8 to 10 drops of a freshly juiced lemon
- Water equal or more than lemon
- Mix all the ingredients
- Cleanse the face with only water
- Apply over face and neck and leave it for 10 minutes only
- Clean it off the face with cold water only
- Use a gentle moisturizer after properly removing the pack from the face
- Avoid going out it the sun for that day
- Not to be applied more than once a week or even less