Social media has become quite the necessity in today’s world, whether you go to a party, a meeting or even a sad occasion, you post pictures, relay messages and check in. Facebook is considered the biggest social media entity with two billion users, of which 1.2 billion are active every day. Family and friends talk more over social media, clients converse on messaging bars, businesses have moved their trajectories across to this avenue, and why should they not? With such an array of users, the diversity of the audience that social media offers, businesses could not have asked for anything better.
Here are some statistics to substantiate the claim that businesses have propelled their growth through social media:
95% of online adults are most likely to follow a brand on social media.
71% of consumers with a good, credible experience through social media, are likely to offer a recommendation to friends, family and peers.
Visual content has a 40 times greater chance of being shared on social media, like emails, messengers, texts etc.
Since, the importance of social media has been established with regard to the growth of businesses, it is important that you know the right way to display and market your business. It’s very important to know what you want. The strategy needs to be very clear, your target audience should be set and the way you want to pursue your business, should be neatly and simplistically laid out.
In this article, you will find simple steps to help you improve your business prospects and marketing strategy. Following are some way:
- Fill out each and every detail possible regarding your business, from simple questions to lengthier ones, you fill out the intricate details so that there is little left unclear, in the minds of the ‘prospective’ customer. A lot of times, you will come across where you have to separately message the owners for the price details, address, phone number etc. Be clear and complete at the first glance.
- Make up your own hashtag. It should be about your brand and the values/intent it holds. For example: the tag line for oppo mobile is ‘It’s your turn’, which could be transformed into a brilliant, trending hashtag. So make one for your brand, make it relevant and personal, yet, immensely catchy, to grasp the attention of the customer. It should resonate with the customer on a level like no other, so try to play with the customer like that.
- Do not restrict yourself to one social media platform. Go across different modes and use multiple ones to attract different kinds of customers. You may be an Instagram addict but your neighbor might be a twitterati, your friend probably uses gmail whilst you use facebook messenger. It’s all about preferences so shuffle between different mediums and try to keep them all at each other’s level. None should lag behind, if you post on snapchat, you must update your Instagram too. That’s how you keep your brand alive in the viewers’ eyes.
- Promote your brand through social media influencers, vloggers and bloggers, newsletters, emails etc. Vloggers and bloggers are specially handy these days. You send out your products to them, and they will usually market your product free of cost. Similarly, you could add a feature to include your valued customers and their feedback on a side bar, exclusively for this purpose.
- Develop targeted ads. This feature has helped businesses grow immensely. You can choose your required age group, region, time etc. to feature yourself on a social media platform. Make sure that you use your prior research to gear up the ad well, because trust me, you won’t like paying even a minimal amount for a campaign that doesn’t substantiate.
- Introduce discounts and various sales to accommodate new customers. There’s a recurrent trend where businesses give their products away as part of a competition where they ask the subscribers to tag a few friends and make sure that they follow it. This does not only raise the level of viewers and subscribers, but also helps reinvigorate their interest regarding the business.
These are just some of the ways in which you could get your business marketing strategy across social media. What you must always keep in mind is that social media is a viewership machine, which runs on attractive content, and continuous updates. You must have something new to publish at short time intervals because if you do not, someone else will, and that someone will take your piece of pie.
Keep it real. Keep it simple. Keep it catchy, but most importantly, keep it rolling.