The Staff Selection Commission conducted the SSC MTS – Multitasking Staff Exam to recruit candidates in the General Group-C Central Service for non-gazetted and non-ministerial posts in various departments and offices of the Government of India.
Candidates need a 10th standard pass in order to apply for various posts under the SSC MTS exam. Being a government job, it offers lucrative salary, perks and benefits and encounters intense competition as well. Therefore only the candidates who are able to obtain the minimum SSC MTS Cut Off as decided by the conducting body, get selected for further rounds.
The major goal of every aspirant should be cracking the exam in the first attempt. To achieve this, aspirants need to have a strategic approach for preparation. Hence the article gives a list of important tips to boost the success rate of aspirants in MTS exam.
Important tips to boost the success rate in MTS Exam
- Being thorough with the exam pattern and syllabus is the foremost thing to do for the preparation. This helps to strategize better as candidates get a clear cut idea about the exam, important topics, marking schemes, number of questions in each section etc.
- Preparing for an exam without having a proper study schedule will be a waste of time as each subject will not get adequate time of preparation. Having a study routine based on subjects with proper time allotment reduces wastage of time and energy during preparation.
- Mugging up and cramming won’t come to rescue for any exam, not just MTS. Aspirants should be ready with strong conceptual knowledge and have a clear understanding of the basics of various topics mentioned in the syllabus.
- Proper time management is important while preparing for the Multitasking Staff exam. Management of time improves the question solving speed and boosts the score in the respective section of the exam.
- Taking online quizzes, mock tests and regularly practising previous year question papers help enhance subject knowledge and candidates tend to gain accuracy.
- One-time study won’t help to achieve a 100% success rate in the first attempt. Aspirants must start preparing early for the exam. They should have clarity regarding numerous practices required for the exam and all this comes naturally once the aspirant is regular in the preparation.
To attain good results it is important that aspirants put their best foot forward and leave no stone unturned to get through the competition.
Aspirants of SSC MTS can go through the exam pattern and syllabus highlights given below:
The SSC MTS Exam Pattern is as follows:
|Particulars||Paper I||Paper II|
|Mode of the Examination||Online Exam (computer-based)||Offline exam (pen-and-paper)|
|Type of exam||Objective (MCQ) questions||Subjective (Descriptive) Question|
|Number of sections||Four||One|
|Subjects||General Intelligence & Reasoning, General English, Numerical Aptitude and General Awareness||Short essay/letter|
|Duration of Exam||All candidates – 90 minutes|
PwD candidates – 120 minutes
|All Candidates -30 minutes|
PwD candidates – 40 minutes
|Number of questions||100||1|
|Language of paper||English and Hindi||English, Hindi and other regional languages|
The Syllabus of SSC MTS Exam is as follows:
Paper I syllabus-
- General Awareness
- General Intelligence and reasoning
- Numerical Aptitude
Paper II Syllabus – One short essay/ letter (in any language as mentioned in the notification).
The SSC MTS results are announced by the Staff Selection Commission. There are many other exams for which the commission releases the results. Aspirants willing to know about SSC Results for different examinations can check the link.